4.04.2010

Happy Easter

The sun is shining in a clear blue sky on this Easter morning. The expected high for the day is 85 degrees. Say wha?? This early warm weather is such a contrast from the Rexburg weather I am used to, but it's gorgeous! The trees are blossoming, flowers are coming up, and it smells like spring. The trade off, of course, is that if April is this hot, you know it's going to be muy caliente during the summer. I'll have to lock my pregnant self in the apartment in an ice bath and only go out at night when it's slightly cooler.

It's still relatively early, 7:49 am. I can't seem to sleep past 7:00 am very often anymore. Kirk is snoozing away, and he needs the rest. He works so hard all week bringing home the bacon and taking care of all his other responsibilities. This morning I am awaiting his awakening with great anticipation (some alliteration for you literary people). He has an Easter basket waiting for him containing a box of coveted Florence's Chocolates. And since he's on a no-sweets-except-on-his-birthday-and-Christmas-diet, that means I get to finish them off! :) Truthfully, I hope he makes an exception today, because chocolate is always better when you enjoy it with someone else.

One week left of school!! We're planning on doing something adventurous during the break, so I'll keep you posted on that. Thanks for all your comments of support, excitement, and encouragement as we prepare to become parents. Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. oh i miss you! I'm so glad everything is going so well! Enjoy the warm weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You heard about the many inches of snow we had this weekend, didn't you?!?! So I hope you really enjoyed your wonderful warm weather.

    I hope you and Kirk savored every bite of those yummy chocolates!!

    ReplyDelete