4.10.2010

Welcome to the "Natural State"

Arkansans are very proud of their beautiful state parks, as they should be! Petit Jean is one such park not far from where we live, so we decided to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather! The hike we chose was the Cedar Falls hike, named for the waterfall at the end of the trail.





Almost there...




We climbed up behind the waterfall...very cool


Everything is so green, the magnolia trees are blooming, and there are flowers everywhere! Arkansas is beautiful in the spring.

In other news...my sister sent me some of her maternity clothes. As she and I talked about it on the phone, I was expecting a handful of outfits and a dress or two. We went to the post office to pick up the package, and the lady walks around the corner with a box that is half as big as she is, and she struggled awkwardly to get it up on the counter. :-D I'm not too savvy with shopping and coordinating outfits, so my current wardrobe is somewhat minimalistic. Not anymore, baby!! From the clothes Tara sent me, my options have probably tripled. Bless her heart. I may get as big as a house, but I'm going to be lookin' good. Thanks Tara!

5 comments:

  1. I'm dreaming about warm weather! That hike looks so fun and very beautiful! That's great that your sis sent you so many clothes! I hated spending money on clothes I would only wear a few months! I can't wait for this little Randall JR to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, Randall Jr. I'll take that one into consideration. If we do go with that, it would have to be Randall Siddoway Jr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pictures!!! Score on the maternity clothers and Tara has such good fashion taste--you're going to be beautiful. Hope you're feeling good. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. The park looks beautiful!

    So awesome that Tara sent you clothes!
    it costs a lot of money to buy a whole new wardrobe (including underclothing) to wear for only 6 months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun trip! I've been to a lot of those places when I went with my Dad for a church history tour. So neat huh? So that waterfall pick is pretty sweet except for the fact that I can totally see your arm stretched out taking the picture in his sunglasses! Hahahahaha

    Andy

    ReplyDelete