
...and our park days...

...and all kinds of outdoor activities. For example, last week Dayton and I were outside drawing with sidewalk chalk. It's mostly me drawing and him checking out all of creation with a few scribbles here and there to humor me. Anyways, last week he was puttering around and brought back a surprise for mommy--a dead mouse!
Icky!!!!
After shaking the mouse out of his hand and onto the grass, we washed his hands twice and then washed them with alcohol twice just to be safe. I don't even know if his millions of immunizations cover rabies or mouse-germs. I don't get grossed out very easily, but that was just nasty.
Nursery is the best thing ever. When we open the door to let him in, he waddles right in and never looks back. The nursery leaders tell me wonderful things about him--like how during snack time he is a "double-fisted eater." I've peeked through the window to see him finishing off another child's Goldfish crackers after eating two piles on his own. He's a good eater, for sure!
looking handsome in his Sunday outfit :o)

Last weekend we had a double celebration: Kirk's birthday AND Father's Day in the same weekend! We had some treats at the park with our good friends, but wouldn't you know I forgot to take pictures?
A special Birthday Breakfast is tradition around here, so we did that and ate some good Mexican food for dinner.

In other news, Kirk has been studying, studying, studying for the GMAT; while he studies, I watch the NBA Finals games :o) He is as busy as can be. He'll take the GMAT sometime in August (?) and then start preparing for his new role as an early-morning Seminary teacher! He was surprised, but excited, when the bishop talked with him about it. Kirk has a natural gift for teaching and especially enjoys teaching the gospel, so the seminary kids will be lucky to have him.
That's us so far this summer, hope you all are doing well!

Holy cow! Baby Dayton is turning into Toddler Dayton! He's such a cutie!! I hope things continue to go well for you guys! Looks like life is GREAT!
ReplyDelete