February has been keeping me busy with Young Women stuff, a Republican debate, volunteering, and Dayton becoming more and more intelligent/inquisitive/adventurous. Don't you worry, he's still that good little boy we all know and love, but he would way rather play with me than sit with his arms folded while I catch up on blogs and sip a nice cool drink.
But at this moment, Dayton is sleeping and it's past time for me to write about the trip I took to Idaho. My sister and her family moved from D.C. to Idaho, and she opted to fly to Idaho with the two little boys instead of drive across the country with them (a wise decision). Her last experience flying with them was less than great, so this time I was invited to come along for the ride as an extra pair of hands. To say I was excited would be a serious understatement! Dayton and his cousins entertained each other during the plane rides, nobody had problems with their ears hurting, and we arrived at my parents' house in one piece.
It was so good to be with my sisters (hello shopping!), to see my parents, and to hear Granny's sweet little voice as chipper as ever. Then my brothers and sister-in-law came up to celebrate my parents' birthdays. Cold Stone ice-cream-cake, Monopoly, oo-ing and ahhh-ing over Dayton, all kids of good stuff. Dayton loved being with his funny cousins, and having people around all the time to entertain him.
bath-time at Grandma's house
I was lucky to have a few days to spend with Kirk's family in Utah. The beautiful thing about living far from family is that it is a par-tay when you come to visit. We went to an aquarium, the Church History museum, dined on Cafe Rio, and just enjoyed each other. The whole time
Truly, it was great to see family and hard to leave. I only wish I would have taken more pictures of all the fun. We miss you all and are so, so grateful we could come see you!
Happy New Year - A Quick Update
7 months ago

One day, hopefully, I will have an opportunity to run into you and finally meet your cute little boy! I'm glad you had a safe trip!
ReplyDelete