11.18.2011

Gettysburg, Philly, etc...

We spent a day in Gettysburg learning about the Civil War. It was an excellent activity to do so close to Veteran's Day. Not sure where my brain was during my American History classes, but I've never truly appreciated the human cost of freedom. Thanks to all those who serve in the military!

My good friend came to visit for a few days, and now that she's gone a little bright spot is missing around here... ;) We did a quick tour of Philly on a double-decker bus, which was fun, but all my pictures turned out totally lame cause I took them through the window. So sorry...no Philly pictures. In addition to the bus tour, we also did some shopping, dined on some great Chinese take-out, and consumed 1/2 our body weight in gelato. That deliciousness seems so innocent in that tiny little cup with such a teeny spoon. But when you eat it multiple times in the same day, it kinda undoes all the good intentions of that tiny cup. :)


We went on a hike nearby and saw some beautiful sights. (This is after like 90% of the leaves have fallen, but still...so pretty out here.



Dayton is totally walking like a pro! He laughs and giggles walking back and forth between Kirk and me. He's also started a little grimace/whine/scrunchy face routine when we say "no". Kind of like he's saying "How can you say 'no' to me? Don't you want to change your mind because I'm so cute?" Slightly manipulative, but so funny.

4 comments:

  1. We loved Gettysburg when we visited! Brian sooo badly wanted to do the haunted ghost tours! If you ever get around to it you guys should do it and tell us how scary it is, or isn't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you're enjoying the east coast and all the history it has to offer. Miss you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW--I finally figured out how to post a comment on your blog. It wouldn't allow me to do so for a long time but I have tricks--yes I do.

    ReplyDelete