12.16.2010

Merry Christmas!

All I want for Christmas is you!



And you!


Our family home evening this week consisted of baking cookies and making Jeppson Seasoning (my Grandma and Grandpa's secret stuff), and taking these around to friends. What a great way to get into the Christmas Spirit! There was no caroling however, because we didn't want any doors slammed in our faces or awkward expressions from our friends. We just did the give 'n go.

We are headed to Utah and Idaho for the holidays! Sure, it would be great to go somewhere exotic, like Mexico (::ahem:: safe travels Aunt Visor, Memzy, and company), but we're headed west to get us some snow! Seriously, we live in Colorado and have NO snow...not a single flake. It's been as warm as 52 degrees this week. Call it what you want, global warming, cyclical warm/cold winters, luck of the draw...the fact remains that the lack of snow necessitates that we go home for Christmas. See you all in 2011!

p.s. Dayton had his 2-month check-up today (code for "received 3 shots"). Aside from being very upset with the nurse, he did great. Since birth he's gained 5 pounds and 3.5 inches.
* 23 inches
* 12 lbs 2 oz
* Head Circ. 16 cm
He teased me this week by sleeping for 7 straight hours one night, but we're back to the old routine. Honestly though, it's such a blessing that I don't have to work right now. It makes it so much easier to enjoy him at 2 a.m. He's my little midnight snack. :o)

5 comments:

  1. Goodness Gracious--he's a handsome boy (and you and Kirk are pretty spiffy too). Loved the pictures. Give hugs to everyone in Idaho for me. And I mean EVERYONE. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll definitely do my best to give all those hugs. But only if you give EVERYONE in Mexico hugs from me...
    Love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas you gorgeous people!
    I'm so excited you'll be here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling Dayton has a Dimple!! (Are you impressed with my alliteration?) He really is a sweet little guy! He'll start sleeping through the night. I promise! (In a year or so...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cutie! I'm going to agree that not working is going to make it so much nicer to enjoy those early morning feedings :). I hope he starts really sleeping seven hours for you.

    ReplyDelete